Tom Brown —the thick brown powder is a combination of yellow corn, millet,guinea corn (cereals), groundnut (peanuts) and soy beans (legumes). it’s one meal that is essential for babies if you want to wean them and want them looking well fed after breast milk.
Tom-brown is also good for adults who always have busy schedules and may have to leave very early in the morning to their place of work. It’s just a 5 minutes meal. This will save you time especially if you are on the go.
Also, because of its rich contents, this fiber makes you feel fuller for long causing you to focus on your most important tasks for the day.
It’s nutritional benefits are of immense value. It consists of protein, iron, magnesium, potassium, carbohydrate, vitamin B6 and Vitamin B12 and lot more.
You don’t feel like cooking? Simply prepare Tom Brown.
- Millet, Guinea corn
- Yellow corn
- Groundnut/pea nuts.
- Dates (sweetener)
Benefits Of Tom Brown—Soy Beans Cereal.
- It lowers cholesterol.
- Its source of antioxidants helps fight free radicals.
- It’s good for eye vision.
- It controls diabetes.
- It reduces inflammation.
- It boosts energy levels.
- It helps to decrease high blood pressure.
- It helps treat coronary heart disorder.
Measurements in making Tom Brown:
It won’t come out nicely if you decide to use the same measure for all the ingredients in the preparation of Tom Brown.
Size or quantity is of importance in its preparation.
Here below is something you can start with.
- Yellow corn & Guinea corn(sorghum) – 1 kg
- Millet & Soy bean – 500g
- Groundnut (peanuts) – 200g
In summary, the corn is usually more in quantity than the rest of the ingredients when preparing the cereal.
The millet and Soybeans is usually half the size of the Corn.
While groundnut is lesser of all the main ingredients used.
Note that apart from the nutritious value groundnut has, the groundnut enables the mixture to be pasty.
However, you wouldn’t want too much of the oil groundnut has on the mixture. So, quantity and size is of importance.
How to prepare Tom Brown:
1. Get dried yellow corn and guinea corn(sorghum), remove the stones and other foreign particles amongst the corn, then roast both on fire until its turned golden brown. Don’t let it pop like popcorn, when done, remove it, let it cool.
2. Now, roast the groundnut. (The quantity is based on how much cereals you will use)
3. Roast the millet and the soya beans separately till it becomes brown. Don’t forget to remove the stones and other foreign particles first.
4. When done with roasting of the soya beans, grind it softly with mortal and pestle to remove the chaff. It is very important you sift the chaff away after you are done with grinding.
5 let all the Ingredients get cool.
6. Combine all the ingredients and blend the mixture with a high power blender or a local mill to blend. Don’t add water, at least not yet!
7.Tom brown powder is ready! Pour it inside a dry container to preserve it.
Step by Step Preparation of Tom Brown.
If you want to prepare it for consumption…
1. Put a quantity of tom brown in a bowl, add water till it becomes pasty. Don’t add too much water.
2. Boil hot water. Then, when the water vapour bubbles is quite noticeable, add the tom brown paste.
3. Yippee! Tom Brown is ready. You can serve Tom brown with milk, sweeteners and some slice of bread.
If you enjoyed this, please share it or leave your comments.
Read more on: Foods that helps you lose weight