Plantain Fritata is an African recipe that will whet your appetite and keep you yearning for more.
It is usually a brunch; that is, it is taken 3-4 hours after breakfast but could be taken as breakfast too.
You love plantains? eggs? or pizza? Here it is, a delight to experience.
Are you having a guest or someone special coming over the weekend?
Do you want to showcase your cooking passion to your family and friends during the yuletide?
Try preparing plantain Fritata.
It will be an unforgettable experience they would always remember.
There are basically two ways of preparing plantain Fritata.
The baking method and frying method.
But in this write-up, I will be exposing to you how to make plantain Fritata through the frying method.
Tellingly, apart from the sensuous and inviting aroma of plantain Fritata.
Recipe For Plantain Fritata.
- 3 pieces of ripe plantain.
- Vegetable oil.
- ½ medium sized onion.
- Small sized red and green pepper.
- 2 fresh tomatoes.
- 2 pieces of carrot.
- Seasoning cubes.
- Curry and thyme.
- large eggs.
- Table salt.
Nutritional Benefits of Plantain Fritata.
- It is rich in vitamins A.
- Potassium, magnesium needed for good health
- rich in protein.
- It Contains vitamins B2, D, B6, B12
- It is rich in selenium.
- It is rich in minerals, zinc, iron and copper.
- It is rich in vitamins A, K and potassium.
- It has antioxidants that reduces cancer risks.
- It is good for the eyes.
Vegetable oil :
- It is rich in vitamin E.
- It has antioxidants that fights against cancer and its friendly to the heart.
- It also slows aging process.
- It treats common cold.
- It reduces blood pressure.
- It contains vitamins C.
- It prevents common cold.
- Essential for eye health.
- It has antioxidants that reduces cancer and heart risks.
- It has vitamin K folate.
- It’s good for the eyes.
- It treats Asthma due to antihistamines content.
- It helps to prevent tooth decay.
- It helps you against diabetes, heart disease and cancer.
Procedures for Making Plantain Fritata
Serving – 3 people.
Time to prepare – 45-60 minutes
1. Take 3 pieces of plantain, peel off the skin and slice to desired shapes and sizes. Sprinkle table salt on the plantain for taste.
2. Pour the vegetable oil in a skillet or frying pan enough to fry the plantain.
3. Fry the plantain and when it is golden brown, flip the other side of the plantain and do the same.
4. Drain the fried plantain from the oil and keep aside.
5. Whisk the 8 large eggs in a mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper. Keep aside.
In another bowl dice your carrots and keep aside.
6. Heat up vegetable oil, the size of a kitchen serving spoon. Slice the half medium-sized onions, garlic, tomatoes and let it simmer for 2 minutes. Next, add salt, curry, thyme (seasoning) and carrots for taste and aroma for another 3 minutes on low heat. Stir the mixture.
7. As the condiments is simmering on low heat, pour your already whisked eggs on it. Then, like almost immediately, add your fried plantain piece by piece in a skillful and artistic manner.
8. Cover the lid of the skillet, when done, remove from heat and let it cool. You can serve plantain Fritata with fruit juice or smoothies