Have you learnt how to make millet Food for babies?
This whole grain is is gluten-free. It is a whole grain food that is very nutritious and very absorbable for babies.
It is rich in proteins,vitamin B, potassium,magnesium and iron.
It is also rich in fiber,helping the reduction of cholesterol and cancer.
It can be prepared as a cereal, in couscous form or prepared soft. It is a good meal to introduce your baby when trying to wean him or her.
At what age should babies take millet?
As early as six months after breastfeeding. Start with smaller servings,then increase the servings as the baby becomes absorbed to it.
How long can millet be stored?
It can be preserved in a tight container to prevent it from going bad.
But you have to ensure that it is well stored.
You could also keep it cool in a refrigerator if you live in hot climate zones.
Do you know that Millet helps babies gain weight. Learn more here.
Nutritional benefits of Millet for babies.
1. Bone development – Babies need calcium to grow. These grains are rich in calcium and this will do just fine with your baby.
2. It is also a cure for iron deficiency in babies.
3. Fights constipation – The water content in this baby food helps to hydrate the colon of babies helping in fighting constipation.
4. Brightens mood – This natural food contains a property that helps secrete serotonin in the body which helps to boost or brighten babies mood. It gives them a feel-good sensation.
You want to wean your baby and you are thinking of a more natural food to do so, this whole grain will do just fine?
How to Make Millet for your baby.
1. Toasted millet Baby cereal.
- A measure of millet
- 2 cups of water.
- 1 table-spoon of olive oil
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Stir fry the whole grain till it becomes brown.
- Add two cups of water and simmer for 30 minutes.
Keep stirring until it becomes light.
- Add some spices like ginger and cinnamon.
2. Millet porridge Cereal.
- 3 tablespoon of millet.
- 1 cup of water.
- A pinch of salt.
- heat a cup of water in a pan.
- grind table-spoon of millet.
- pour it in a boiling water.
- add a pinch of salt.
- keep stirring it.
- Close the lid of the pan and wait for 10 minutes.
- It is ready.
You may want to also try How to make Tom-Brown for your baby.
3. Millet Veggie Salad.
- Suff cooked millet.
- Chicken breast.
- Mix everything in a bowl and serve as a snack or meal.
4. Apple Pear millet.
- 1½ cup of water.
- ½ apple.
- ½ sized pear.
- wash the whole grain.
- pour it in a pot and cook for half an hour until the cereal thickens .
- mash apples and peer using a fork and add to the porridge.
let it cool for a while then serve.
5. Organic pumpkin millet porridge.
- 2 tablespoon of the whole grain.
- 20 grams pumpkin.
- 2 cup of water.
- Boil water in a pan.
- Add the whole grain and pumpkin and let it boil.
- let the mixture simmer over or medium heat.
- cook for 40 minutes till the cereal thickens .
- let it cool.