Lemon and Ginger tea like some other teas are effective in its formulation in reducing stress and weight gains in persons.
First, you have to understand the benefits of each component so that you can appreciate what this wonder drug can do for you in your weight loss journey.
What is Lemon?
Lemons are yellow fruits that have great nutritional value.
Lemons contain vitamins C, fiber, low fat, protein, carbs, and water.
Lemon belongs to the citrus family of orange, tangerine, grapefruit, citron, and lime.
It could be used for medical or culinary purposes.
Differences between Lemon and Lime.
- Lemon is yellowish while lime is greenish in color. Though some lime when ripe will turn yellow, however, you can identify it by their sizes. Lemon is bigger in size compared to lime.
- Lemon is sweeter than lime. Lime has a more sour taste to lemon.
Benefits of Lemon.
1. Reduces the risk of heart diseases and stroke.
Vitamin C as a general rule is good for the heart. A lemon had 31mg of Vit. C.
According to a study on the effect of a fiber concentrate from citrus fruits, it was discovered that taking 24 grams of citrus fiber daily reduces blood cholesterol every month.
Other plant compounds like diosmin and hesperidin also lower cholesterol.
2. It helps control weight gain.
The secret is when you take a lemon, you feel fuller in your stomach.
This is because the soluble pectin fiber in them expands in your stomach.
When you put lemon in hot water and drink it, it will reduce weight gain.
3. It helps to eliminate bad breath.
Lemons can be used to get rid of strong odors like garlic.
When you take a lemon, it helps to freshen up your mouth from bad breath.
4. It prevents kidney stones.
According to a research study from the database of the National Institute of Health, lemon juice and lemonade prevent kidney stones.
When there is an increase in urine PH, it will hinder the formation of kidney stones.
Lemon juice helps to increase urine PH because of the citric acid found in it.
Taking half a cup of lemon juice per day helps to prevent kidney stones.
5. Treats Cancer.
Lemon prevents cancer according to research without side effects.
6. It aids digestion.
Lemon helps to improve gut health and slows the digestion of sugar and starches.
These benefits are found in the pulp of lemon because they contain soluble fiber.
So if you want to savor this benefit, take lemons with the pulp.
7. It prevents anemia.
A diet deficient in iron causes anemia.
This lemon contains some iron that prevents anemia.
This happens because lemons contain vitamin C and Citric Acid.
What Is Ginger?
Ginger is a spice of seasoning that is processed from the fresh or dried root of the ginger plant, Zingiber officinale.
It belongs to the same family as turmeric and cardamom.
Benefits of Ginger.
- It helps to alleviate pain especially muscle and menstrual pain.
- It helps to treat vomiting, nausea.
- It had strong antioxidant and inflammatory properties.
- It acts as a detoxifier removing unwanted particles from your body.
- It boosts sexual drive.
Side Effects of Ginger.
Ginger has side effects and should be taken moderately to avoid stomach disorders.
Side effects of Lemon.
Lemon causes issues to your dental health because of its acidity, so you can drink it with a straw or after consumption, you rinse your mouth with water.
There are some cases of heartburn but it is relative depending on persons.
Lemon applied on the skin can damage It causing dryness, redness, itching burning, and killing good bacteria.
How to Make Lemon Ginger Tea.
- Cut 1 lemon into circular shapes.
- Chop some pieces of ginger.
- Put lemon and ginger slices into the water.
- Let it boil for 15 minutes
- Strain the content into a cup
- Add raw honey.
You can drink Lemon and ginger tea first thing in the morning to reduce weight gain. Two cups in the morning and evening.